Situated 50 miles north of London, Cambridge is an enchanting combine: a historic medieval city that’s the birthplace of a few of the most up-to-date scientific advances; a spot with high-technology science parks and historical cobbles, with bustling streets and tranquil inexperienced areas. It has a mixture of metropolis life, with its pubs, golf equipment, music venues, eating places; and on the similar time it is sufficiently small that you do not have to spend a lot cash getting from place to position.
Thought of to be one of many oldest universities on this planet, the College of Cambridge will likely be celebrating its 800th anniversary in 2009. Since 1904, there have been 81 associates of the college which have received the Nobel Prize, which is extra winners than every other establishment. Frederick Sanger is one in every of solely 4 people to win a Nobel Prize twice; he received in 1958 and 1980, each occasions for Chemistry.
Worldwide College students
The College of Cambridge is likely one of the most selective universities around the globe. Of the possible candidates, solely 25% develop into college students, and of these solely about 10% are worldwide college students. Nonetheless, of the over 17,000 college students attending Cambridge, nearly three,000 of them are worldwide college students from totally different nations around the globe, however whereas educational energy is unquestionably a prerequisite, it doesn’t assure acceptance.
Cambridge’s web site for worldwide undergraduate candidates provides info for college kids from China, Malaysia, Mauritius, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and the Indian Subcontinent. For candidates from different nations, the web site provides basic info; amongst that is info on selecting programs and a school, entrance necessities, English language necessities, tuition charges, faculty charges, dwelling bills, and how one can apply from abroad.
Learn Extra: O Level
The College of Cambridge provides over 90 programs of research for undergraduate and graduate college students starting from arts to science and know-how. A pattern of programs consists of Aerospace Engineering, Biology, Classics, Schooling, Egyptology, English, Genetics, Info and Laptop Engineering, Worldwide Research, Latin, Legislation, Medication, Oriental Research, Philosophy, Physics, Psychology, Spanish, Theology, Veterinary Medication and extra.
There are 31 faculties in Cambridge. Three are for ladies (New Corridor, Newnham and Lucy Cavendish) and two admit solely graduates (Clare Corridor and Darwin). The rest home and train all college students enrolled in programs of research or analysis on the College.
Whenever you apply to the College of Cambridge, there are two kinds to finish. One being via the Universities and Schools Admissions Service (UCAS), the second being a Cambridge Utility Type (CAF). Each kinds will go to a Cambridge Faculty that can think about your software.
Entrance necessities for undergraduate college students embrace the next:
– Matriculation necessities, that are minimal necessities for all candidates no matter age or main: English, a language apart from English, an authorised mathematical or scientific topic, and two different authorised topics;
– GCSEs and GCE A ranges for UK College students;
– Worldwide Baccalaureate, Superior Placement, SATs, European Baccalaureate, or every other superior qualification for college kids from different nations;
– Candidates below the age of 18 should contact the Admissions Tutors of Schools you’re contemplating earlier than making use of;
– English Proficiency for Worldwide College students. This may be achieved by getting acceptable scores on any of those exams: IELTS, GCSE, Cambridge Certificates, European Baccalaureate, Abitur, Worldwide Baccalaureate, or French Baccalaureate.
A novel facet of Cambridge’s software course of is its “Deferred Entry” course of. About one in 5 college students coming to Cambridge takes a spot yr earlier than beginning their research. Relying on the key you are making use of for, many Schools usually choose candidates to take a yr break to use or enhance their expertise, earn cash, journey, and customarily achieve maturity and self-reliance.
Normal entrance necessities for graduate college students embrace the next:
– A 2i honours diploma from a UK college or its equal from an abroad college (bachelor’s diploma for US college students);
– English proficiency exams – the IELTS is the popular methodology. If you’re not capable of take the IELTS take a look at, then the TOEFL examination together with the TWE (Check of Written English) are accepted. Minimal necessities embrace a 7.zero total rating within the IELTS or 600 within the paper-based/250 within the computer-based TOEFL examination with a 5.zero TWE rating;
– GRE or GMAT scores relying in your educational area of research. Please seek the advice of your graduate program since some departments might produce other necessities.
Undergraduate Tuition Charges
UK College students: £three,070 per yr
Worldwide College students: £9,054, £11,862, or £21,954 per yr relying on their course of research
No pupil has to pay their tuition charges whereas they’re finding out at Cambridge. You may select to take action if you want, however you too can take out a pupil mortgage for charges and defer fee till you graduate. The scholar mortgage for charges is paid again in installments when you graduate and are incomes a minimal wage.
Additionally, all worldwide overseas-fee-status and Islands college students should pay Faculty charges along with College tuition charges. The Faculty payment varies barely between Schools, however is usually within the vary £three,300 to £four,400 per yr. The monetary assist obtainable for abroad college students is restricted. Few full scholarships can be found on the undergraduate stage.
Graduate Tuition Charges
UK College students: £three,250 per yr
EU College students/Change: £three,250 per yr
Worldwide – Arts: £9,054 per yr
Worldwide – Science: £11,862 per yr
Worldwide – Medication: £21,954 per yr
LLM & Theology Diploma UK and EU College students: £three,240 per yr
LLM & Theology Diploma Worldwide College students: £9,054 per yr
MBA – All College students: £28,000 per yr